Within the context of mobile app marketing nowadays DSPs, which stands for Demand Side Platforms, together with SSPs play a major role. Thanks to their artificial intelligence technology they make advertisers and publishers’ lives a lot easier in the context of app install campaigns and programmatic advertising. Here is everything you need to know about what a DSP really is.
What is DSP (Demand Side Platform)?
A Demand Side Platform, also known as DSP, is an operating system which lets advertisers buy digital advertising with a completely automated process and enables advertisers to buy optimized advertising space.
It is a powerful tool for mobile app marketing automation. It is a software that allows an advertiser to buy advertising with the help of automation.
Through this platform, advertisers can define and plan all the criteria of a display advertising campaign, i.e., target, budget, price and so on. DSPs can target based on demographics, geography, type of device used, browsing behavior. Let’s see how it works step by step.
- Through a dashboard the advertiser uploads creatives, then they take care of targeting and establish a budget for the campaign
- When the campaign creative is uploaded the DSP looks for publishers such as mobile apps or sites that are pertinent with the advertiser’s criteria and makes an offer for placement
- Then the DSP places the ad and manages the payment
Why is it important?
Using a DSP, merchants can manage their offers for advertising space and prices for the data they are overlapping to target their audience.
Furthermore, DSPs are useful in mobile advertising because campaign performance is managed in real time.
In addition, there are also 'managed DSPs', which are not self-service platforms but real companies that have proprietary technology and, once defined budget, KPIs, targeting and creatives with advertisers, take care of app install campaign management and optimization.
Whereas in the past, ad buying used to require a lot of people and complex processes, now, with programmatic technology, it takes very few seconds for a DSP to determine the value of an impression to a specific advertiser based on its targeting parameters and secure ad spaces.
What you need to know about DSP (Demand Side Platform)?
- Demand Side Platforms allow mobile advertisers to buy high-quality traffic at scale with minimal friction, so DSPs are a powerful tool for mobile marketing automation.
- DSPs will enhance your app user acquisition strategy
- Automation is key: it allows DSP to manage everything in a few seconds and this is good for marketers because it helps them save time.
- Demand Side Platform is the advertiser’s help to organize programmatic advertising
- DSPs provide access to a high-quality advertising inventory. They usually connect with global ad exchanges or partner with local publishers to make this inventory available.
- DSPs allow advertisers to bid on inventory from around the world.
- DSPs allow advertisers to choose the type of inventory they want to purchase, so it’s easier to reach success.
- Demand Side Platforms allow advertisers to track the performance of their app install campaigns in real time. For instance, they offer reporting on click-to-install-rate, fraud rare, etc.
Mapendo is a tech platform for app user acquisition. We are a fully managed DSP, which runs machine learning powered CPI/CPA app campaigns. We help mobile apps acquire high-quality users at scale with programmatic traffic. Our ads reach 300 million people in the US every day and generated 1 million conversions for our clients in the last quarter.